Welfare related services are generally services which address the mental, physical, social and spiritual well-being of students. These services may include, through direct provision or referral, information/advice about: accommodation, counselling, crisis services, disabilities and equity issues, financial matters, legal issues, medical issues, mental health, peer mentoring, programmes promoting social interaction, religious and spiritual matters, and stress-management.
ALTEC is committed to fostering an environment, in which each student feels safe and supported, and contributes in a positive manner to the college community. ALTEC will achieve this by;
- Developing and implementing a Health and Safety Policy
- Developing and implementing policies on procedure to prevent and deal with any form of discrimination, harassment, or vilification of college employees and students
- Upholding the Student Code of conduct
- Appointing an OHS representative
- Appointing a student welfare officer to address welfare related services
- Providing referrals to external counselling services to students to deal with issues that are not within college’s expertise, scope, or authority
- Keeping students abreast of any general security issues or concerns (relevant to international students in particular) as observed in media, or government announcements; and providing relevant information as appropriate
- Monitoring student course progress and providing academic and administrative support to all the students within college’s policy framework to enable them achieve their academic objectives
Services may include (but are not limited to):
- Pre-enrolment materials;
- Study support and study skills programs;
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) programs or referrals to these programs;
- Equipment, resources and/or programs to increase access for learners with disabilities;
- Mediation services or referrals to these services;
- Flexible scheduling and delivery of training and assessment;
- Counselling services or referrals to these services;
- Information technology (IT) support;
- Learning materials in alternative formats, for example, in large print
ALTEC’s approach to student welfare is guided by its [Download not found] that Compliments ALTEC other relevant policies and procedures related to student safety and welfare.
You have any welfare concern about yourself or a fellow student, please contact the Campus Manager immediate by reporting to the front desk or by phone or email as provided on this website.