Advanced Diploma of Network Security
ICT60215 – CRICOS 086743E
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to plan, design, manage and monitor an enterprise information and communications technology (ICT) network as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team responsible for advanced ICT network security systems.
The qualification has a high-level ICT technical base with appropriate security units and the ability to specialise in a number of areas, including voice, wireless, network infrastructure and sustainability. Relevant elective have been selected to provide specialisation in Network Security.
Note: Most of the technical units in this course use CISCO equipment and technologies. However, the college has no arrangement with CISCO Academy for certification or articulation. Students must seek separate advice on CCNA/CCNP certification requirements.
The Advanced Diploma qualifies individuals who apply specialised knowledge in a range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work and as a pathway for further learning.
To attain Advanced Diploma of Network Security, you will need to complete;
Total number of units = 12
- 5 core units
- 7 elective units
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Type|
|ICTNWK502||Implement secure encryption technologies||Core|
|ICATWK509||Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks||Core|
|ICTNWK601||Design and implement a security system||Core|
|ICTNWK602||Plan, configure and test advanced server based security||Core|
|ICTSUS6233A||Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects||Core|
|ICTNWK608||Configure network devices for a secure network infrastructure||Elective|
|ICTNWK609||Configure and manage intrusion prevention system on network sensors||Elective|
|ICTNWK612||Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks||Elective|
|ICTSAD503||Minimise risk of new technologies to business solutions||Elective|
|ICTNWK503||Install and maintain valid authentication processes||Elective|
|BSBWHS605||Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems||Elective|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement||Elective|
|This qualification is delivered over a period of one (1) year. Course duration;
||International: Full-time face-to-face classroom mode
Local: Flexible and blended delivery options
Enrolment Fee: $250 (non-refundable)
Course Fee: Please refer to the fee schedule
Course fees are paid on a 10 week fee structure.
Enrolment Fee: $100 (non-refundable)
Course Fee: Please refer to the fee schedule
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
- Successful completion of year 12 or equivalent is the minimum qualification requirement for entry into this course. There is no other minimum qualification requirement for entry into this course. However, it is expected that the students are progressing from IT related Diploma level courses.
- International: English level equivalent or greater than IELTS 5.5 , TOEFL iBt 46, TOEFL PBT 527, PTE 42 for international students
- At least 18 years of age at the commencement of the course
A pre-training interview may be required with the candidate to determine the current competency and/or vocational experience, LLN needs as well as candidate’s expectations from this course.
International students: ALTEC offers Eight (8) intakes throughout the year. International students can enter the course at any of these intakes, subject to meeting entry requirements.
Local Students: Monthly intakes. Please contact ALTEC Admissions for more details.
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- ICT50415 Diploma of Information Technology Networking or other relevant qualification/s or units equivalent to the core of ICT50415
- With documented vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior network support roles, including administrator, operations analyst, technician, operations or support coordinator/technician.
Pathways from the qualification
- After achieving this qualification candidates may choose to undertake studies at higher education level or consider career opportunities in IT network security sector
Please Note: The pathways are not prerequisites; rather a reference point that can be utilised by ALTEC when determining the suitability for enrolment with prospective learners. For additional details please refer Entry Requirements.